The advanced German technology SMILE PRO vision correction is the same principle of SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction).The principle is to use advanced Zeiss laser (Visumax) to create a thin Lenticule (precise lens-shaped disc within the cornea), which is then removed through a tiny small corneal incision. This procedure changes the corneal curvature and thus correct vision. SMILE PRO can correct myopia and astigmatism at the same time. The upgraded navigation and positioning of SMILE PRO is suitable for patients with sensitive eyeballs or patients who are nervous about surgery, it is greatly to reassure patients and reduce the risk with safe vision correction.
- Correct Up to -10.00D of Myopia and up to -5.00D of Astigmatism
- Corneal wound is greatly reduced by nearly 80%, that’s why infection is even less likely, and the eye feels less dry: Less nerves are cut
- No corneal flaps mean there is no flap related complications. Corneal biomechanical integrity is better-preserved which lead to improved dry eye problem
Features of SMILE PRO
- Shorter recovery time after vision correction
- Faster laser time , create lenticule in 10 seconds
- Assistant system computer- controlled function
Am I a Suitable Candidate for SMILE PRO
- At least 18 years old
- Suffering from myopia and astigmatism
- Patients who have sensitive eyeballs and prone to nervousness about surgery
- Having a stable contact lens or glasses prescription
- It is normal that you may experience some discomfort after the procedure. Please take the pain-killers as prescribed by your doctor.
- You can resume your normal routine in 2-3 days.
- If the pain and discomfort is unbearable, or suffer from a vague vision in a short period of time, please consult the doctor immediately.
- Do not rub or scratch your eyes at any time.
- Please use the eye drops (antibiotics or steroid drops) as directed by doctor.
- You must return to the clinic for post-operative check up on the first day after the procedure.
- Avoid soap, tap water or contaminated water getting into your eyes for 1 week after the procedure.
- Avoid eye make-up until 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Use sunglasses to prevent UV light irritating your eyes.
- Avoid watersports until 15 days after the procedure.
- There may be some changes on your myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism for 3 months after the surgery.